Also available on iTunes.
In this episode of the Find Dining Podcast, Katie Lewis of Slow Down & Savor offers up another great restaurant recommendation: El Naranjo in Austin , where Chef Iliana de la Vega serves up traditional interior Mexican dishes like Tacos de Pescado with a side of “de la olla” black beans and Tacos de Cochinita Pibíl with a side of refried black beans. We discuss the infamous bat bridge, absinthe cocktails and the history of the Club Sandwich.
- Read more about El Naranjo on Slow Down & Savor
- Visit the El Naranjo website
- El Naranjo is located at 85 Rainey Street in Austin
- Guacamole Tradicional
- The Side Salad
- Tacos de Pescado: Three tacos with Achiote marinated fish, shredded cabbage, salsa mexicana served on corn tortilla, with a side of “de la olla” black beans
- Tacos de Cochinita Pibíl Three tacos stuffed with Cochinita Pibíl (slow roasted pork shoulder), pickled red onions and a side of refried black beans
Austin Dining Districts to Explore:
- Rainey Street
- Warehouse District
- 2nd Street District
Austin Food Events:
Food for Thought:
- Q: True or False: Austin Is the 14th Best Burger City in the USA.
- A: False. According to USA Today, Austin ranks 13th.
Out of the Frying Pan Picks:
- Favorite Spot for Outdoor Dining: East Side Fillin’ Station
- Favorite First Date Restaurant: Casino El Camino
- Favorite Place to Watch the Game: Third Base
- Favorite Place to Take Out-of-Town Guests: The Salt Lick (Driftwood)
- Favorite Place for an Original Cocktail: Péché
- Favorite Steakhouse: Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille