For foodies who travel.
Log in to bookmark your favorite articles so you can easily find them again when it is time to plan your trip.
Think you know the Providence food scene? Let's find out... 1. What is the official state drink of Rhode Island? Coffee milk Iced lemonade Italian soda Narragansett beer
2. What is the name of the section of Providence known for its Italian cuisine? The East Side Federal Hill Little Italy The North End
3. How is "Rhode Island Style" calamari prepared? Broiled with sour cream Fried with cherry peppers and marina sauce Fried with chipotle mayo Grilled with lemon and garlic
4. What is the name of the famous frozen lemonade company? Dave's Del's Sal's Vinny's
5. Which local celebrity sells his own marinara sauce in grocery stores? Singer Dicky Barrett Mayor Buddy Cianci Actor Seth MacFarlane Boxer Vinny Paz
6. Which legendary restaurant's claim to fame is that it invented the wood-fired grilled pizza? Al Forno Blue Grotto Farmstead Venda Ravioli
7. Providence is said to be the birthplace of the diner. What local diner has over 100 years of history? Alice's Restaurant Haven Brothers Diner Nick's on Broadway Seaplane Diner
8. Which Providence university is world renowned for its culinary program? Brown University The International Culinary Academy Johnson & Wales University Le Cordon Bleu
9. Providence has more of what per capita than any other city? Donut shops Food trucks Pizzerias Vegan restaurants
10. A "cabinet with jimmies" is another name for... A cream pie with chocolate chips A ham sandwich with hot peppers A jelly doughnut with crushed peanuts A milkshake with sprinkles
Think you know the Providence food scene? Let's find out...
© Copyright 2014 Taste Trekkers · All Rights Reserved
Once a month, we'll send you our most popular food and travel articles.