How to Get Free Tickets to Industry Day at the Food & Travel Expo
On Friday, October 3rd, Taste Trekkers hosts the Food & Travel Expo's Industry Day at Johnson & Wales University. And you can go for free!
We're gearing up for the 2014 Food & Travel Expo, which is coming to Providence, Rhode Island on October 3rd through the 5th. This is going to be a fantastic weekend for foodies, with chefs and culinary experts talking about cuisines from all over the world.
Introducing Industry Day
This year, we're doing something new. On Friday, October 3rd, we're hosting a special event just for people who work in food, travel or tourism business. The afternoon, hosted at the Yena Center at Johnson & Wales, will kick off with short talks about different aspects of the food and travel business:
- Christopher Bakken, author of Honey, Olives, Octopus: Adventures at the Greek Table, will discuss Culinary Travel Writing
- Emily Contois of Brown University will talk about the Australian attempt to launch Vegemite in America
- Gaspar Catanzo will talk about the innovative Trace & Trust program
- Shane Kost of Food Tour Pros will discuss the business of food tours
- Lisa Raiola of Hope & Main will speak about the kitchen incubator facility she's launched to help culinary entrepreneurs
After that, Gail Ciampa, Food Editor of The Providence Journal, will host a panel discussion on the topic of food tourism. The panel includes:
- Myra Alperson of Noshwalks food tours in New York City
- Shane Kost of Food Tour Pros in Chicago
- Peter Lehmueller of Johnson & Wales University
- Jeremy Mitchell of FoodConnect
- Sam Poley of the Durham Convention & Visitor's Bureau
- Meghan Sheridan of the Vermont Fresh Network
(You must be over 21 to attend.)
Get a Free Ticket
This day is a great way to learn about and meet people from other aspects of the food tourism business. If you are in the food, travel, or tourism industries, you are invited to come as our guest. This includes:
- Chefs, restaurant owners and staff
- Food bloggers
- Food tour operators
- Culinary students
- Tourism professionals
- Travel writers
- Artisanal Food Producers
- Wineries, breweries and distilleries
- And more
If you'd like to join us, all you have to do is...
But hurry! They're going fast, so you'll have to request them soon!