San Francisco Foodie Quiz
How well do you know the San Francisco food scene? Take our quiz and find out.
- Question 1: What is the name of the salad dressing that was first made at The Palace Hotel in 1923 to honor actor George Arliss?
- Question 2: Which landmark is home to the city's best known farmer's market?
- Question 3: Which San Francisco Chef traveled to Japan to win the TV show Iron Chef in 1998?
- Question 4: Which popular dessert treat originated in San Francisco in 1928?
- Question 5: Which bakery boasts a mother dough for sourdough french bread that is over 160 years old?
- Question 6: Cioppino is an Italian-American dish that originated in San Francisco. What is it?
- Question 7: After failing as a prospector, Dominique Ghiradelli began selling what to gold miners?
- Question 8: What is the name of San Francisco's oldest brewery, which opened in 1896?
- Question 9: The Buena Vista cafe is credited with introducing what in 1952?
- Question 10: According to legend, where was the Fortune Cookie invented in 1909?
Published June 29th, 2014