Subscribe or leave a review in iTunes.
In this episode of the Find Dining Podcast, Amanda Hicken of Clue Into Cleveland offers up another great restaurant recommendation: The Greenhouse Tavern in Cleveland, Ohio, where Chef Jonathon Sawyer serves up French and seasonally inspired gastropub dishes like Roasted Pig’s Head and Animal Style Frites. We talk about urban gardens, pickle bars, and eating eye sockets.
- Read more about The Greenhouse Tavern on Clue Into Cleveland
- Visit the The Greenhouse Tavern website
- The Greenhouse Tavern is located at 2038 E 4th Street in Cleveland
- Don’t believe what Forbes says about Cleveland
- Visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
- The Cleveland Museum of Art is free!
- Shop at the West Side Market
- The Glass Bubble Project blows (glass)
- Chef Michael Symon (also of The Chew) hasn’t forgotten his Cleveland roots
- Chef Chris Hodgson hails from Cleveland
- Cabbage rolls and pierogis are big in Cleveland
- Check out beer from Great Lakes Brewing, Market Garden Brewery and Nano Brew
- Hand Ground Beef Tartar
- Crispy Hominy
- Crispy Chicken Wings Confit
- Roasted Pig’s Head
- Animal Style Frites
- Buttered Popcorn Pot de Crème
- Jeni’s Ice Cream
- A “Kitchen Coffee” to thank the restaurant
Cleveland, Ohio Dining Districts to Explore:
- Ohio City
Cleveland, Ohio Food Events:
- Taste of the Browns (Fall)
- Silver Spoon Awards (hosted by Cleveland Magazine) (Spring)
- Dinner in the Dark (monthly, year-round)
Food for Thought:
- Q: What nationally known Italian chef got his start in Cleveland?
- A: Chef Boyardee.
Out of the Frying Pan Picks:
- Best Beer Selection: Buckeye Beer Engine
- Favorite Place to Eat Near the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Winks Bar and Grille
- Favorite Place for Breakfast: Café Melissa
- Favorite Place for Drinks After Work: Velvet Tango Room
- Favorite Place to Get a Burger: B Spot
- Favorite Place for Outdoor Dining: Reddstone
- Favorite Place to Buy Cheese: The West Side Market
- Best Place for a First Date: L’Albatros Brasserie + Bar (fancy) or Happy Dog (casual)