Subscribe or leave a review in iTunes.
In this episode of the Find Dining Podcast, Laura Raymond of Destination Cuisine recommends The Usual Place in Sarasota, where Chef Chef Alessio serves up Italian dishes like Pork Shank. We discuss tightrope walkers, the plural of “octopus,” and the virtues of a cucumber cocktail.
- Read more about The Usual Place on Destination Cuisine
- Visit the The Usual Place website
- The Usual Place is located at 2157 Siesta Drive
- “Octopi” is probably not the correct plural of “octopus”
- Famous tightrope walker Nik Wallenda makes his home in Sarasota
- About.com says Sarasota is very walkable
- Chef Paul Mattison runs Mattison’s City Grille
- Chef Derek Barnes runs Derek’s Culinary Casual
- Get all-you-can-eat Stone Crab at Moore’s Stone Crab Restaurant
- Italian food is best prepared while listening to Andrea Bocelli
- Tagliere di formaggi e marmellate
- Pork Shank (a.k.a. the “Stinco al Forno”)
- Sampler of Italian Desserts
Sarasota Dining Districts to Explore:
- Main Street/Downtown
- St. Armands Circle
- Gulf Gate Area
Sarasota Food Events:
Food for Thought:
- Q: What seafood delicacy is only available eight months of the year?
- A: Stone crab.
Out of the Frying Pan Picks:
- Restaurant with the Best View: Marina Jack
- Favorite Peruvian Restaurant: Selva Grill
- Favorite Place to Get Seafood: Crab & Fin or Sharky’s on the Pier
- Favorite Sushi Restaurant: Pacific Rim