Podcast Episode 35: The Golden Onion Chef Competition in Vidalia, Georgia
Hope Philbrick of Getaways for Grownups tells us what to expect at the Golden Onion Chef Competition in Vidalia, Ga. We talk about what makes the Vidalia onion so special, when to camp in Georgia, and how many Wal-Marts it takes to make a city.
Listen to this podcast now:
In this episode of the Find Dining Podcast, Hope Philbrick of Getaways for Grownups tells us what to expect at the Golden Onion Chef Competition in Vidalia, Ga. We talk about what makes the Vidalia onion so special, when to camp in Georgia, and how many Wal-Marts it takes to make a city.
- 04/14/2013 - 04/14/2013: Buy Tickets
- At the Vidalia Community Center, 107 Old Airport Road, Vidalia, GA
- Visit the Golden Onion on the Vidalia Onion Festival website
- Read about Golden Onion on Getaways for Grownups
- Chef Mimmo Alboumeh of ME Restaurant Group
- Chef Daniel Chance of Campagnolo
- Chef Linda Harrell of Cibo E Beve
- Chef Brian Jones of Atlanta Grill at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
- Chef Brian Justice of Tasteful Temptations Café
- Chef John Mark Lane of Elements Bistro & Grill
- Chef Roberto Leoci of Leoci’s Trattoria
- Chef Keira Moritz of Steel Magnolias
- Chef Austin Rocconi of Le Vigne Restaurant at Montaluce
- Chef Michael Shutters of The Pilot House Grille Restaurant at George T. Bagby State Park and Lodge
- Chef Dave Snyder of Halyards and Tramici
- Chef Marc Taft of Chicken and the Egg and The Mill Kitchen & Bar
Food for Thought:
- Q: What is the official prepared food of Georgia?
- A: Grits.
Out of the Frying Pan Picks:
- Favorite Place for Shrimp 'n Grits: Food 101
- Favorite Place for a Dessert with Vidalia Onions: Elements Bistro & Grill
- Favorite Place for Thai Food: Fuji Hana & Thai Peppers
- Favorite Place for a First Date: CineBistro
- Favorite Place for Brunch: Murphy's