- Check out the three-day potato festival in Psychro in August
- Sample some eftazimo (seven kneaded bread)
- Learn the myth of the minotaur before you head to Crete
- You can visit the remains of the palace of Knossos
- Taste some cheese: kefalotiri, anthotiros, mizithra
- Sip some raki (or tsikoudia), the “shnapps” of Crete
Food for Thought
- Q: What three food products were the foundation of Minoan civilization?
- A: Olive oil, wine, and barley.
Out of the Frying Pan
- Restaurant with the Best View: Swell Restaurant
- Favorite Market: Chania Market
- Baseline Dish: Dolmades
- Favorite Wineries: Dourakis and Tamiolakis
- Favorite Place for Dessert: The Cretan Bakery
- Cretan Paths Tours for Foodies: Multiple Experiences Tour or the Winery Tour