Seven years ago, Jodi Ettenberg quit her job to travel the world, eat delicious food, and launch the Legal Nomads blog. In this episode of the Find Dining podcast, she tells us her story.
- Read The Food Traveler’s Handbook
- Jodi wanted to see the Trans-Siberian trains
- Jodi was inspired by The Lost Girls
- Jodi’s interest in spices inspired her travel
- Jodi put aside $15,000 for her first year of travel
- Jodi is a member of the Dynamite Circle
- Jodi uses MeetUp.com
- Jodi connects with people on eGullet and Chowhound
- Thinking about traveling the world? See Jodi’s resources webpage
- Jodi got sick a lot when she first traveled
- Jodi’s guide for celiacs
- Check out Jodi’s typographic food maps and shirts
Food for Thought
- Q: Where did ketchup originate?
- A: China.
Out of the Frying Pan
- Most Romantic Place: El Nido, Palawan in the Phillippines
- Favorite Market: Rotating Markets on Inle Lake in Myanmar
- Favorite Wineries: On the island of Waiheke in New Zealand
- Favorite Dessert: Crunchy grapes (?!?) and Cha-An (black sesame dessert)
- Favorite Holiday Celebration: Anything local
- Favorite Cheese: Sheep’s Milk Cheddar from Portland, Oregon and Stilton cheese from the UK
- Inspirational Advice: Food is the best way to discover new places