Subscribe or leave a review in iTunes.
In this episode of the Find Dining Podcast, David Barrow, the Telly and International Film Festival Award Winning Filmmaker discuses his new documentary, Farm-City, State, which sets out to answer the question, “Can Austin feed itself?” He also offers up another great restaurant recommendation: Lenior in Austin, where Chef Todd Duplechan serves up dishes featuring locally grown ingredients.
- Support the making of Farm-City, State
- Visit the Lenior website
- Lenior is located at 1807 South First
- Composting: Break it Down and East Side Compost Peddlers
- Boggy Creek Farm
- Hillside Farmacy
- The Homegrown Revival Supper Club Series
- Broken Arrow Ranch
- Texas House Farm-to-Table Caucus
Food for Thought:
- Q: Parts of Austin used to be the largest and most productive land for what crop?
- A: Spinach
Out of the Frying Pan Picks:
- Favorite Butcher Shop: Dae Dui or Salt & Time
- Favorite Cheese Shop: Full Quiver Farms or Antonelli’s Cheese Shop
- Favorite Food Truck Gone Brick-and-Mortar: Odd Duck Food Trailer to Barley Swine
- Favorite Local Chefs: Sonya Cote and James Holmes and Todd Duplechan
- Favorite Spirit Companies: Bone Spirits and Dripping Springs Vodka
- Best Place to Hold a Film’s Wrap Party: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema