In this episode of the Find Dining podcast, we talk to Becky Reams, food photographer and second runner-up on MasterChef‘s season three. We discuss food styling and photography, Kansas City barbecue, and what Gordon Ramsay is really like. Check out Becky’s blog or download the Appetites App
- Learn more from Becky Reams on the upcoming MasterChef Cruise
- Watch MasterChef Mondays on FOX 8/7C
- Becky contributed recipes to MasterChef: The Ultimate Cookbook
- MasterChef contestants are judged by Graham Elliot, Joe Bastianich, and Gordon Ramsay
- Becky has photographed for Suzanne Goin’s restaurants, GQ, Food & Wine, Cooking Light, Edible and many others
- Hear how Becky helps set up the kitchen for guests on “The Queen Latifah Show“
- Sample some Kansas City barbecue at Jack Stack or Oklahoma Joe’s
- Follow Becky to find out where she’s hosting her monthly pop-up brunch “Bang Bang”
Food for Thought
- Q: In what U.S. city was the hamburger chain White Castle first started ?
- A: Wichita, Kansas.
Out of the Frying Pan Picks:
- Coolest opportunity since being on MasterChef: Going on the cruise to do cooking demos
- Favorite cookbook(s):The Sweet Life: Desserts from Chanterelle, Momofuku, Noma: Time and Place in Nordic Cuisine, Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking
- Favorite whiskey: Michter’s Rye
- Biggest Lesson Learned on MasterChef: Trust your gut
Photo courtesy of FOX.