Podcast Episode 104: Food Trend Forecasting
Suzy Badaracco, founder of Culinary Tides, talks about food trend forecasting. We discuss how the impact of Hurricane Katrina, the economy, and the movie Frozen on what people eat.
Listen to this podcast now:
In this episode of the Find Dining podcast, Suzy Badaracco, founder of Culinary Tides, tells us about the world of food trend forecasting. We discuss how the impact of Hurricane Katrina, the economy, and the movie Frozen on what people eat.
- Read Suzy's articles on Fast Casual.
- Follow Suzy on Twitter.
- Suzy has a background in chaos theory.
- Dark Travel is tourism to the site of a historical conflict or disaster.
- Hushpuppies are better if you know what they are.
Food for Thought
- Q: Where did the french fry come from?
- A: Belgium (to replace the fish during the winter months).
Out of the Frying Pan
- Mocktails are non-alcoholic cocktails for adults (part of the low-alcohol trend)
- Flexitarians are part-time vegetarians
- Bleisure is a business trip with a couple of extra vacation days tacked on
- Food labeling is being debated at a government level
- So are GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms)
- Mondelez vending machines will talk to you.
- Vending machines are also coming to your taxi cab.
- Digital wallets are coming to the food industry.
- Secret menus are for people in the know