Podcast Episode 105: Where to Eat in the Bahamas
Alanna Rodgers, founder of Tru Bahamian Food Tours, tells us all about the food scene in the Bahamas.
Listen to this podcast now:
In this episode of the Find Dining Podcast, Alanna Rodgers, founder of Tru Bahamian Food Tours, tells us all about the food scene in the Bahamas. We discuss hurricane season, octopus, and tropical fruits.
- Check out Alanna's food tours
- Nassau is the capital of the Bahamas
- Try some conch. It's a male aphrodisiac.
- Try some goat pepper.
- Find blue crabs on the island of Andros.
- Guava duff is a unique Bahamian dessert.
- Try an authentic fish fry at Arawak Cay.
- Get fantastic Bahamian food at Bahamian Cookin.
- Connect with Bahamian locals using the Ministry of Tourism's free People-to-People program.
- Check out the market at Potter's Cay.
- Find some art at Doongalik Studios.
- Peas and rice is not the same thing as rice and peas.
- Try Kalik or Sands beer.
- The John Watling's Distillery produces rum.
Food for Thought
- Q: What is the national food of the Bahamas?
- A: Conch.