Podcast Episode 107: Where to Eat in Crete
Giorgos Maltezakis of Cretan Paths talks to us about the food scene on the Greek island of Crete. We discuss olives, cheese, and minotaurs.
Listen to this podcast now:
- Check out the three-day potato festival in Psychro in August
- Sample some eftazimo (seven kneaded bread)
- Learn the myth of the minotaur before you head to Crete
- You can visit the remains of the palace of Knossos
- Taste some cheese: kefalotiri, anthotiros, mizithra
- Sip some
- raki (or tsikoudia), the "shnapps" of Crete
Food for Thought
- Q: What three food products were the foundation of Minoan civilization?
- A: Olive oil, wine, and barley.
Out of the Frying Pan
Published January 10th, 2015