Podcast Episode 109: Jeff Greif of Travel Squire
Jeff Greif, Founder of the travel website Travel Squire, tells us about the top destinations for foodies in 2015.
Listen to this podcast now:
In this episode of the Find Dining podcast, Jeff Greif, the Founder and Editor in Chief of the travel website Travel Squire. We talk about the site's list of the 28 Hot Destinations of 2015. He helps us pick out the best choices for foodies.
- See Travel Squire's list of the Top 28 Destinations of 2015: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, & Part 4
- Explore the food scene in Tunisia
- Go wine tasting in Alsace, where you'll find Germanic and French food traditions
- And explore Baiersbronn, Germany (The Black Forest): Harald Wohlfahrt in the Schwarzwaldstube Restaurant in Tonbach, Claus-Peter Lumpp in the Bareiss Restaurant in Mitteltal, and Jörg Sackmann in the Schlossberg Restaurant in Schwarzenberg
- Try the street food at the night markets in Taiwan, including Snake Alley (the Huaxi Street Night Market)
- Great Britain gets a bad rap; you should try the food in London, including the new Bibliotecha
- Tour the Sapporo Brewery in Japan
- Louisville, Kentucky aims to be the Napa Valley of bourbon
- 90% of the U.S. disco balls are manufactured in Louisville
Food for Thought
Q: What is the most remote place on earth that you can get fish cakes?
Out of the Frying Pan
- Favorite Winery: The Reif Estate Winery
- Favorite Food Festival: South Beach Food and Wine Festival
- Restaurant with the Best View: Costes in Paris
- Favorite Market: Byward Market in Ottawa (Get an Obama Cookie from Moulin de Provence)
- Favorite Food Writers: Ruth Reichl and Michael Tulipan