Podcast Episode 111: Cajun Food in Lafayette, Louisiana
Marie Ducote of Cajun Food Tours in Lafayette, Louisiana, talks about the Cajun food scene, including the differences between Cajun and Creole food.
Listen to this podcast now:
Marie Ducote of Cajun Food Tours in Lafayette, Louisiana, tells us about the Cajun food scene. We talk about king cakes, gumbo, and the differences between Cajun and Creole food.
- Lafayette has the second largest Mardi Gras celebration in the United States
- Lafayette is Cajun country; New Orleans is Creole
- Crawfish runs from January until June
- Johnson's Boucaniere is a fantastic smokehouse if you enjoy sausage
Food for Thought
- Q: During the 2015 Mardi Gras season hat type of king cake did Bob Carriker make that went viral after being posted to Facebook?
- A: Boudin and cracklin and Steen's cane syrup.
Out of the Frying Pan
- Favorite Place for Brunch: Blue Dog Cafe
- Favorite Farmer's Market: Lafayette City Park
- Favorite Restaurant with a View: Ruffino's on the River
- Favorite Place for Crawfish: Louisiana Crawfish Time
- Favorite Dessert: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding at Bon Temps Grill