Podcast Episode 29: Back Deck in Boston
Megan Kellett of Cooking Whims recommends Back Deck in Boston, where Chef Paul Sussman serves up American "backyard grill" dishes like spicy sweet potato and chicken hash. We discuss the city's killer cupcake trend, death by molasses, and pink s'mores.
Listen to this podcast now:
In this episode of the Find Dining Podcast, Megan Kellett of Cooking Whims offers up another great restaurant recommendation: Back Deck in Boston, where Chef Paul Sussman serves up American "backyard grill" dishes like spicy sweet potato and chicken hash. We discuss the city's killer cupcake trend, death by molasses, and pink s'mores.
- Read more about Back Deck on Cooking Whims
- Visit the Back Deck website
- Back Deck is located at 2 West Street in Downtown Crossing
- Got turducken?
- For a good time, call the Boston Food Bloggers and the Boston Brunchers
- Visit Flour Bakery and ask to see Chef Joanne Chang's diploma from Harvard
- Chef Jody Adams of Rialto rocks (see photos from our Mystery Meet dinner there)
- Next time you're at a restaurant, impress people by using the word "umami"
- Creamy Roasted Eggplant Spread
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Spicy Sweet Potato and Chicken Hash
- Cranberry S'mores
Boston Dining Districts to Explore:
- The North End
Boston Food Events:
Food for Thought:
- Q: What "Great Flood" killed 21 people in the North End in 1919?
- A: The Boston Molasses Disaster
Out of the Frying Pan Picks:
- Restaurant You Want to Try Next: Craigie on Main
- Favorite Hole-in-the-Wall Spot: Local 149
- Favorite Place for After-Work Drinks: Stoddard's Food and Ale
- Favorite Place to Watch the Red Sox Game: Sweet Cheeks Q (hear Bianca Garcia's review)
- Favorite Place for Dessert: Modern Pastry
- Favorite Place for an Original Cocktail: Bokx 109
- Favorite Diner: Johnny's Luncheonette
- Favorite Asian Restaurant: Blue Ginger
- Where to Eat Your Last Meal Before Death: Biltmore Bar & Grille