Podcast Episode 46: Baltimore and the Beer Bourbon and BBQ Festival
Greg Nivens tells us what to expect at the Beer Bourbon and BBQ Festival. We discuss the history of bourbon, the barbecue sauces of the South and the secret history of tirmisu.
Listen to this podcast now:
In this episode of the Find Dining Podcast, Greg Nivens tells us what to expect at the Beer Bourbon and BBQ Festival. We discuss the history of bourbon, the barbecue sauces of the South and the secret history of tirmisu.
Beer Bourbon and BBQ Festival:
- June 14 & 15, 2013: National Harbor, MD
- August 2 & 3, 2013: Gary, NC
- September 21, 2013: Reston, VA
- November 2, 2013: Nashville, TN
- Buy Tickets
- Visit the Beer Bourbon and BBQ Festival website
Baltimore Dining Districts to Explore:
- Fell's Point
- Federal Hill
- Luigi's Deli has "The Scooch," Baltimore's best sandwich
- Sweet Tea is hard to get outside of the South
- The mustard barbecue sauce from Maurice's Piggie Park rocks!
- Read Jim Early's Cradle of 'Cue
- Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve, as seen in The Internship
- Jack Daniel's is Tennessee Whiskey, not bourbon
- Wild Turkey American Honey is a good place for bourbon virgins to start
- Take a trip on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail
- Blenheim Ginger Ale from South Carolina mixes well with bourbon
Food for Thought:
- Q: What famous Italian delicacy is rumored to be created by a man from Baltimore?
- A: Tiramisu.
Out of the Frying Pan Picks:
- Favorite Spot for Outdoor Dining:
- Favorite Italian Restaurant: Gia's Cafe
- Favorite Micobrew: Heavy Seas (try the Loose Cannon or Black Cannon)
- Favorite BBQ Restaurant: Andy Nelson's (try the brisket)
- Favorite Place for an Original Cocktail: Woodberry Kitchen or Landmark Theaters (ask for Ginny Lawhorn)
- Favorite Foodie Event: The Italian Festival