Podcast Episode 45: Chantecler in Toronto
Jen Chan of Foodpr0n recommends Chantecler in Toronto, where Chef Jonathon Poon serves up just one contemporary Asian dish: the lettuce wrap. We discuss food photography, celebrity chefs and Toronto's four Chinatowns.
Listen to this podcast now:
In this episode of the Find Dining Podcast, Jen Chan of Foodpr0n recommends Chantecler in Toronto, where Chef Jonathon Poon serves up just one contemporary Asian dish: the lettuce wrap. We discuss food photography, celebrity chefs and Toronto's four Chinatowns.
- Read more about Chantecler on Foodpr0n
- Visit the Chantecler website
- Chantecler is located at 1320 Queen Street West
- Food porn is all the rage
- Jen recommends the Canon S90 (the S110 is the current model) and the GorillaPod for great food photos
- Check out Toronto's Chinatown (or Markham or Scarborough)
- Dim sum (especially the har gow or shrimp dumpling) is a good baseline for comparing restaurants in Chinatown
- In Ossington, check out Bellwood Brewery, Pizzeria Libretto, and Enoteca Sociale
- Keep your eye on Chefs Grant van Gameren, Jonathan Poon, Craig Harding and Alexandra Feswick
- Chef Susur Lee laid the groundwork for Toronto's new school chefs
- Canadian celebrity chefs include Mark McKuen, Marc Thuet, and David Adjey
- David Chang's Momofuku is now in Toronto
- The Spicy Popcorn Chicken
- The Lettuce Wrap
- The Sundae Funday
Toronto Dining Districts to Explore:
- Chinatown, any of them
Toronto Food Events:
Food for Thought:
- Q: What is the Rogers Centre better known as?
- A: The Skydome.
Out of the Frying Pan Picks:
- Favorite Chinatown Restaurant: Yang's Fine Chinese Cuisine
- Favorite Food Truck: El Gastronomo Vagabundo
- Favorite Place for an Original Cocktail: Toronto Temperance Society
- Favorite Place for Dessert: SOMA Chocolate
- Favorite Family-Style Restaurant: Edulis Restaurant
- Favorite Place for a Business Lunch: Canoe or Nota Bene